I had blogged about viewing Telugu in mobiles. Now, it is time for typing Telugu in mobiles. There are many apps to type Telugu on smart phones. Here are the links:
The following tools are available on Android for typing Telugu. These work on Galaxy series phones and tabs from Samsung.
- TeluguMata app from Telugu Vijayam project of the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- MultiLing Keyboard comes with a Telugu keyboard layout (InScript). See this video on using MultiLing Telugu Keyboard by Nallamothu Sridhar, Computer Era.
- Panini Keypad Telugu IME is a predictive text input app.
- Swarachakra Telugu Keyboard from IIT Bombay.
- C-DAC GIST Telugu.
iPhone and iPad
The following tools are available for iOS devices, iPhone and iPad:
- Telugu for iPhone: This app allows you type in Telugu and post in Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- iTelugu for iPhone
- TeluguMata from the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
On phones like Nokia Lumia with Windows 8 OS, there is one app for typing in Telugu:
- indie Text, phonetic based typing tool for Hindi and Telugu. Also gives suggestions.
- Type Telugu, provides suggestions also.
If you come across any other apps for typing Telugu on smartphones, please comment here.
- 2013-01-09: Added Panini Keypad Telugu IME.
- 2013-12-10: Restructured the post and added links to TeluguMata apps.
- 2014-01-01: Added C-DAC GIST Telugu app.
- 2014-01-09: Added Swarachakra Telugu Keyboard for Android and Type Telugu app for Windows Phone.